This week I was asked to create a radio bumper for the ds106 station. Below is my bumper and the steps I took to create it:
- I went to youtube to find a tune I wanted to incorporate into my bumper.
- Once I found what I wanted, I proceeded to convert and then download the track.
- I opened up Audacity and recorded my message that you are listening to ds106 radio and saved it.
- I then opened up a new Audacity window and imported the music I chose and then imported my message.
- I then used the selection tool and dragged the recording of my voice until it was halfway between the song and the beat drop (for dramatic effect).
- I then simply increased the sound on my voice track so that it would be heard over the music and boom – done.