Emotions Through Sound
For my final audio contribution to our radio show progress (at least the final one for this week). I decided to create another eerie audio track I can utilize in Jester’s portion of the show. This assignment instructed me to try to convey a certain emotion, such as fear, stress, sadness, etc. by combing sound effects. Now obviously I wanted to convey the emotion fear with regards to Jester! Below is my audio track and how I made it:
To create this scary track:
- I went to freesound.org and found all the sound clips I wanted to use for my own track and downloaded them.
- Then I opened up Audacity, imported all of them to the file, and began to play with them to achieve my goal.
- I opened up a new Audacity file to record my voice as I portrayed Jester and then saved it.
- I went back to the original Audacity track and imported my portrayal of Jester to the track
- I finished by changing the pitch of Jester’s voice and lining up the sounds so they created one cohesive piece and then I was finished!