© Kelsey Inez
Create a Ds106 Radio Bumper
In addition to my radio commercial, my group thought it would be wise to incorporate the use of a radio bumper. Thus, I decided to complete this assignment and create a closing statement bumper for our radio show! Below is our closing statement and how I created it:
Creating this closing statement bought out a lot of creativity in me. I wanted to produce a statement that illustrated both a superhero and villain vibe, since our show is centered around our characters (3 superheroes and 1 villain). Once I figured out the message I was trying to convey with the closing statement, I took off and began working on it:
1. I listened to at least 50 bumper videos on youtube until I came across the cartoon based one I used.
2. I converted it to an mp3, downloaded it, and imported it to an Audacity file.
3. I opened up a new Audacity window, recorded the first portion of my message, and then saved it.
4. Then I opened a new Audacity window, recorded Jester’s message, tweaked the pitch to his voice, and then saved it.
5. Lastly, I imported all the soundtracks I created to the bumper mp3 Audacity file, organized the sounds to occur when/how I wanted them to, added Jester’s creepy laugh to the end of the track and then I was finished!